A message of gratitude from CEO, Ngoc Chung
Dear valued community members.
Thank you so much for your support in 2023 and sharing in the joy we have experienced whilst providing services to you.
The highlights for me in my first full year as CEO have been:
- Celebrating AVWA’s 40th anniversary – dinner at Collingwood Town Hall, exhibition at the Immigration Museum and launch of the documentary
- Bringing our aged care and playgroups participants together for Intergenerational Mother’s Day events in Deer Park and Springvale
- Bronwyn Halfpenny, Member for Thomastown dancing at the Full Moon Festival in Thomastown
- The intensity of the Mental Health Stakeholder Workshop held in Braybrook, attended by Dr Daniel Mulino, Federal Member for Fraser
- Proudly representing AVWA at a Parliamentary Inquiry into Gambling Harm, attended by myself, Hai Anh Bui and Thao Ha
- Launching free counselling for staff as part of a Wellness Program so they may prioritise their own wellbeing
- Celebrating AVWA’s Thuy Bui, Victorian Multicultural Commission’s Winner of the Refugee of the Year Award at the Immigration Museum
- The energy brought on by visits by former Premier Hon Dan Andrews in September, and current Premier Hon Jacinta Allan in November, to the Springvale Office
- Our very joyful Brand Launch at the AGM in Richmond, attended by Federal Minister for Multicultural Affairs Hon Andrew Giles
- Dementia Support Group 7th birthday celebration in Yarraville, showcasing incredible creativity and teamwork
- White Ribbon Day Event with Mr Trung Luu, at Footscray, a community marching against violence towards women and girls
- And on a more personal note, spending quality time with my family in Rach Gia, Vietnam in August
There have been so many other incredible events held and milestones achieved.
It has been our great pleasure to serve our community.
It has been my great pleasure to serve our staff and volunteers at AVWA, who I would like to deeply thank. Together they make up the best team I have ever worked with. Thank you for your energy, your creativity, your kindness, and your love for community.
Working for AVWA has not just been a job, it has been a joyful experience.
I wish you all love and happiness as we step into the new year, which will be full of opportunities to connect with each other, and our beautiful Vietnamese culture.